Gran Teatro Cervantes is a theatre, dedicated to Miguel Cervantes, in Tangier, Morocco. The theatre was built in 1913 by the Spanish and has undergone little renovation in the exterior, noted for its dilapidated Art Deco facade. The theatre is accessible via the Avenue Pasteur and Rue du Prince Moulay Abdallah. The theatre was once considered one of the most prestigious in North Africa and notable singers and dancers performed here. Restoration to the theatre has been delayed due to disputes between the city officials and the Spanish state. The construction was led by Esperanca Orellana, her husband Manuel Peña and the owner Antonio Gallego. The first stone was laid on April 2, 1911, in a solemn ceremony, and was completed in 1913, the year of its inauguration. Its capacity is 1400 seats.